Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fexlima
Regular Visitor

Custom Filter

Hi All,

I have a question about the filter.

In the tableau tool i am able to set what values i want to show in the Filter.. but i did not find this function in Power BI.

For example:  Below i have a date filter which has all the month/year that i have in my dataset. 

Filter_Date.PNG

However, i just want to show the dates from 2017' - those filters i use to compare vs YAGO, so.. it doesn´t make sense to me to see the values from 2016 for exemple, once that i do not have information about 2015. 

Can anyone help me, please? 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Felipe Lima

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fexlima,

In the slicer visual you cannot had level filters to it however you can add the date to the Page/Report Level filters and then take out the dates you don't want and all the information will be filtered by that including the slicers. This as custom filter to do before, after, between.

Page filter will only be at the page you are seeing, and Report level will be for all the pages in you report.

This as a problem for me is that when you change year or date you have to reset your filter to the new year and republish the dashboards personnaly I prefer to add a slicer with Year and the one with dates so when users select a certain year the other slicer only show the date for that year.

Dates.png

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Fexlima,

In the slicer visual you cannot had level filters to it however you can add the date to the Page/Report Level filters and then take out the dates you don't want and all the information will be filtered by that including the slicers. This as custom filter to do before, after, between.

Page filter will only be at the page you are seeing, and Report level will be for all the pages in you report.

This as a problem for me is that when you change year or date you have to reset your filter to the new year and republish the dashboards personnaly I prefer to add a slicer with Year and the one with dates so when users select a certain year the other slicer only show the date for that year.

Dates.png

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.