Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sabilahmed
Resolver I
Resolver I

Custom Filter Panel - Shape keeps covering slicers

Hiya guys,

I desperatly need help with a custom filter pane issue i'm having. Basically I followed a bunch of youtube tutorials to build a custom filter panel in my report using bookmarks. The result is it works perfectly ... almost.

Everything works, except for the panel shape (orange box) when clicked on, it keeps covering the sliders. See screenshots for examples:

sabilahmed_0-1643383815016.pngsabilahmed_1-1643383901936.png

The sliicers and orange box are grouped together. SO I don't understand why this is happening. Please help.

Many thanks,

Sabil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

on the Orange box, there is setting - "Maintain Object Order" is this checked?

DarylLynchBzy_0-1643387555538.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
sudhav
Helper V
Helper V

Hai, select on orange box and go to format and select send back option ,, i hope it will help you, let me know if it helps youCOMMUNITY.PNGcommunity1.PNG

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@sabilahmed  - I would try cycling through the Bookmarks one at a time, and update them if any of the hidden/unhidden options are incorrect.  Once you are happy publish the model again.  The user made need to refresh or reset to default bookmarks from their end if they see this again.

I have tried this but it doesn't work. I have updated all bookmarks. I'm very confident with my model. It just the orange box shape keeps jumping in front when clicked on accidently. If the user doesnt click on the orange box then its fine. It's super weird

on the Orange box, there is setting - "Maintain Object Order" is this checked?

DarylLynchBzy_0-1643387555538.png

Thank you so much! You saved the day 😁

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@sabilahmed  - sorry missed this part.  I might need to use the Bookmark pane to Update the Bookmark.

DarylLynchBzy_0-1643384795881.png

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@sabilahmed  - If you open the Selection pane from the View menu/toolbar, it will show the list of objects on the page.  The order from Top to Bottom reflects the layering of the indiviual visuals.  Please check the order of the objects inside the Group.  Use the group to control you Bookmark.

Hello Daryl,

Thanks for the swift reply 🙂 Please see below image:

sabilahmed_0-1643385490905.png

The order of the individual elements are all good and they are grouped as well. I have updated the "Filter 1 - Open" Bookmark multiple times, but the same issue keeps occuring.

The end users of the report are complaining they are unable to use the slicers because the orange box keeps covering the slicers.

I could simply just remove the orange box but I really like the way it looks and would love to keep it. I haven't seen anyone else followiing these custom filter panel youtube tutorials complain of the same issue so there must be something i'm doing wrong.

Any other ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.