Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jyotiraditya
Regular Visitor

Custom Drop down slicer with multi select option

Hi,

I am working on a custom visualization, where I do need to create a custom drop-down slicer that has a feature of Multi-select. When I am importing my custom visuals into the Power BI report I am able to see the visualization(In terms of custom UI what I have developed). But on selecting the value from the drop-down, other visualizations available in the report are not getting refreshed or getting targeted as per the value provided from the filter. 

Could anyone please help me to understand what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Jyotiraditya

4 REPLIES 4
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jyotiraditya 

If you take the answer of someone, please mark it as the solution to help the other members who have same problems find it more quickly. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further. Thanks.

Best Regards

Allan

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jyotiraditya 

I wonder which custom visual you are using. Based on your decription, I created data to reproduce your scenario.

Table:

b1.png

You may use 'Edit interaction' feature to decide which viusal you want to filter by current visual.

b2.png

You can make the drop-down slicer selected and click the 'None' icon from the Donut visual to have no filtering effect to the visual.

b3.png

When you muti-select the slicer, the Stacked Column chart visual is filtered and the Donut visual isn't filtered.

b4.png

For further information, please refer to the following link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

The solution which you have provided is for Standard Power BI slicer visualization. I am looking for the same functionality using custom visualization. Any help on the custom visualization on this will be highly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Jyotiraditya 

Hi, @jyotiraditya 

You may try Power Slicer from marketplace. Here is my sample data.

Table:

b1.png

Then you may make the slicer selected, click 'Format' ribbon, choose 'Edit interaction', set visuals which you don't want to filter as 'None'. 

b2.png

Result:

b3.png

Best Regards

Allan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.