Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CTBrickLayer

Custom Connectors no Longer Recognized

Custom Connectors no Longer Recognized

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2017-10-11T12:09:50.1705528Z

Local Time:
2017-10-11T07:09:50.1705528-05:00

Release:

October 2017

Product Version:
2.51.4885.581 (PBIDesktop) (x64)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15063.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 460798]

Peak Virtual Memory:
33.9 GB

Private Memory:
257 MB

Peak Working Set:
340 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
0ea22e08-f5ec-4529-82e1-74491222c509

Workbook Package Info:
1* - en-US, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Import

Enabled Preview Features:
CustomConnectors

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_EnableReportTheme
PBI_numericSlicerEnabled
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_daxTemplatesEnabled
PBI_reportBookmarks

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
PBI_DirectQuery_Unrestricted

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Connectors directory: C:\Users\colby.tait\Documents\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After yesterday's updates, .MEZ placed in this directory or no longer recognized in Power BI.  Event Log

App Event Log has multiple events similar to the following after each start of the app:

The description for Event ID 11 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace820371549 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

I found a post suggesting a file named C:\program may exist in the root directory of the same drive as PowerBI's install point.  No such file exists.  All other hacks/work-arounds/etc have failed to remedy this situation.

Taking the same .MEZ file to another computer (as well as others) and "Get Data"'ing shows the connectors available.

Tried:

1.) Reinstall

2.) Online DSIM repair

3.) Sfc

4.) Repair of Office 365

5.) Followed by another round of installing and uninstalling Power BI

I AM BLOCKED ON PRODUCTION WORK

Please help!

Colby

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CTBrickLayer

PowerBIConnectors.png

The issue is highlighted above.  I chose to sync my docs to OneDrive so the documents folder was moved (and redirected in the reg) to OneDrive.  Once I figured this out, I moved my .MEZ files to that directory and everything is just dandy.

Colby-Tait Africa

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CTBrickLayer

PowerBIConnectors.png

The issue is highlighted above.  I chose to sync my docs to OneDrive so the documents folder was moved (and redirected in the reg) to OneDrive.  Once I figured this out, I moved my .MEZ files to that directory and everything is just dandy.

Colby-Tait Africa

CTBrickLayer

I have tried both bitness, it doesn't make a difference.   As for the frown, I don't see that feature in the app. so I went here. If you don't have a solution, then just forget it.  I have wasted enough time on it.

Thanks 

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@CTBrickLayer

It seems that this issue is only reproducible in one of your computers, right? Have you tried with 32 bit version of Power BI Desktop to see if it works? I also suggest to use "Send a Frown" to report it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.