Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Isaac-cordova
Frequent Visitor

Custom Column that can record the CREATED DATE OF EXCEL SURVEY LINE ITEM

Hello Experts,

I have created a EXCEL ONLINE SURVEY with 2 questions (NPS typical Q.)  and used it as data-source for my NPS PBI report.

WITHIN PBI DESKTOP I need to create a TIMELINE FOR  the  CREATION-DATE of the Responses.

Q: What is the best approach to get the date-created recorded please?

Kind Regards

Isaac

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Isaac-cordova

Power BI dekstop is just a design tool for rendering the data from the data source. In this scenario, those date-creation time should be recorded in your data source which is EXCEL ONLINE SURVEY. If it doesn't log the date-creation time, you can do nothing in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Thank you for replying.  you are right, I will have to find out a way in EXCEL ONLINE SURVEY to get the Today´s Date.

I do not desire to prompt the respondents to fill in the "Date" for me. they will drop the survey.

- Unfortunately EXCEL ONLINE SURVEY does not offer  such thing as  default a Field To  " =TODAY()"

So I will have to take my question  to  a EXCEL ONLINE SURVEY Forum

Thank you and thanks to

This is tough. I don't think there is a feature in Excel surveys to create a time stamp automatically. You could ask it as a question, but I guess it would be subject to error. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.