Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jondon29
Frequent Visitor

Custom Calendar for 28 day periods

Hello, hoping someday can point me in the right direction. 

I'm trying to create a custom calendar with the cycle titles listed in the first column.  I've found similar problems in the forum but none that I've been able to implement thus far.

AIRAC.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jondon29

Not fully understand it. If you create a relationship with the calendar table and fact table, you may link them with Datekey columns. Then the AIRAC can be used for fact table.

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jondon29

Could you explain more about your expected output? You may create a custom calendar in query editor or in dax. Please refer to this article to check if it could help you.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-cherch-msft.

The article you referenced partially worked; I was able to create a calendar table.  I replaced the value MonthID with AIRAC (The name of my periods measured).  There are 13 AIRAC periods per calendar year, with the first period of 2018 being AIRAC 1801 through AIRAC 1813.  See the picture below for the data.

My only problem is now linking those AIRAC titles with the associated dates.  How do I get Power BI to treat AIRAC 1801 as the period of time shown in DateKey.

AIRAC 1.JPG

Hi @Jondon29

Not fully understand it. If you create a relationship with the calendar table and fact table, you may link them with Datekey columns. Then the AIRAC can be used for fact table.

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Cherie

Hi @Jondon29

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution and welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here. If not, please share more details for us so that we could help further on it.

Regards,

Cherie

@v-cherch-msft, that solved the problem, I have tagged as the solution.  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.