Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Calendar Time Comparisons

Hi all, 

I am building a report in Power BI that I need to be able to sliced by three separate time calendars, the standard fiscal calendar, and two nonstandard organizations' calendars (one org's calendar begins in February, and the other begins in Dec). The data sets that I link to my table are not in date format, but are weekly data from each organization (example, internal data is weekly based on internal calendar and external data is weekly based on external calendar). Currently, I created a calendar table to link to alll data sets, but I am having an issue with weeks rolling into multiple months and duplicating values, which is throwing off the totals. Is there any recommendation for addressing this? Example table below (Format is Year, quarter, month number, week number). You can see week 10 is impacting both q2 and q3, but because the data is weekly---it can't be broken out based on day. 

Dichilyn_0-1659111045046.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Week Always roll under different standard month/Qtr. You can use month and qtr of week start /week end date to overcome this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will week start/week end work on a nonstandard calendar? I was creating a date assign column to do the same thing, but looking for something that won't have to be updated. Please give examples!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.