Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Custom Address Column

I am using the following Custom Column Formula to create a column of locations with address, city, state and zip code. 

= [Injury Location Address1]&", "&[Injury Location City]&", "&[Injury Location State]&" "&[Injury Location Zip Code]

It almost works but I if one of the 4 location columns is null, it considers the whole address null for the custom column.  

What can I do to the above formula or in a different way allow the address to show inmy custom column if at least one of the four has proper data.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I went ahead and Merged all 4 columns and that worked as expected as compared to my Custom Column.   

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I went ahead and Merged all 4 columns and that worked as expected as compared to my Custom Column.   

bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I should have said I am not getting the partial addresses to show if there is a null value in any of the 4 column fields for a single addess.  

Could the null values be the issue and I need to have the null show as blank or somethiing else so that I see what the column can merge?

@bdehning 

Sorry I'm not to pickup the idea.

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @bdehning 

it shouldn't. There must be something else. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.