Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nabeelmukhtar
Regular Visitor

Curve are not smooth

Same Data Same Graph, Different Visualization.

But in the first graph lines are not smooth and round curves. 

nabeelmukhtar_0-1597476185237.png

I want smooth curves lines.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@nabeelmukhtar ,

Download custom visual "Power KPI" and in formatting set line type to monotous.
Below is screenshot: left image classic line chart, right image Power KPI chart.
* Note: i am not sure if you will be able to display same x axis value (in my example year-month), as i think it will always display kpi value so i hidden x axis.

power kpi.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cosm
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello @nabeelmukhtar and @nandic 

You may be aware of this, but from the july 2023 release smooth lines are available.
See release note :
Release note july 2023

or the snippet from the release note below to see how you can change line type to smooth:

cosm_0-1691061888683.png

Kind regards!

If this solved your problem, consider marking this answer as a solution.

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @nabeelmukhtar 

Think of it this way. When you have a bar in the top chart it starts exactly at one point of line. So if the line is smoothly curved on the bar that means at some point on the bar it will represent that it was bit low or bit high and increases or decreases gradually.

But, Where ever that bar starts after the previous bar ends, the line chart data suddenly chages to some x value.

So, you and I will understand, the person using looking at the chart will not and perceive it in a wrong way, To correctly represent the data and bar together the top chart looks like it should.

Did I resolve your issue? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!

Regards,
Pranit

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Actually both of the graphs are the same with the same data. the only difference is visuals are different. Also, these graphs are also working well but suddenly it shows like corner edges.

@nabeelmukhtar ,

Download custom visual "Power KPI" and in formatting set line type to monotous.
Below is screenshot: left image classic line chart, right image Power KPI chart.
* Note: i am not sure if you will be able to display same x axis value (in my example year-month), as i think it will always display kpi value so i hidden x axis.

power kpi.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors