Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daniel_B
Helper II
Helper II

Current vs Previous Month - Best Visualisation to show trend

Hi All

I've created 2 measures which show a count of my positive responses by the current month and previous month (see below) and I wanted to show a simple table which shows the current month positive count and some kind of visualisation which shows whether it is higher or lower than the previous month (a plus/minus or up/down arrow) 

Current Month

MTD Postive = CALCULATE((Sheet1[PositiveCount]),DATESMTD('Calendar'[Date]))

Last month measure

LM Positive = CALCULATE((Sheet1[PositiveCount]), DATESMTD(ENDOFMONTH(DATEADD('Calendar'[Date],-1,MONTH))))

The measures work in terms of showing the right data comparison but I'm struggling to make it into a visualisation that is useful/simple in showing the month on month trends

Any ideas of what to do and even if my measures are the right type for this would be great

Thanks

Dan_B
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Daniel_B ,

Kindly use your value columns in table instead of measure, use the measure only in conditional formatting.

Conditon.PNG

Best Regards,
Mail2inba4

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Daniel_B ,

Please create your measure to find the Last Month comparison like below.

Met/Not_Met = IF([Last_Month]>[Current_Month]],1,0)

Based on this measure create a conditional formating with Icons to acheive your request.

Conditional.PNG

Best Regards,
Mail2inba4

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @Anonymous, the visual is starting to look better in terms of data but just one more question.

How did you make it so that the value would show next to the arrow as opposed to the 1 or 0?

Thanks again

Dan_B

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Daniel_B ,

Go to dropdown icon for the particular column, then choose conditional formatting with icons.

Step 1:

Menu.PNG

Step 2:

Conditon.PNG

Best Regards,
Mail2inba4

Thanks @Anonymous  - I think I worded my question incorrectly.. Apologies

In your first example, you have the actual values next to the arrows but I have 1 and 0 which are not the values from the calculated month totals

How do I see the actual values for the month instead of 1 or 0 based on the TRUE/FALSE results?

Thanks

Dan_B

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Daniel_B ,

Kindly use your value columns in table instead of measure, use the measure only in conditional formatting.

Conditon.PNG

Best Regards,
Mail2inba4

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Daniel_B ,

You can create one measure like below:

Measure =
IF ( MTD Postive> LM Postive, UNICHAR ( 9650 ), UNICHAR ( 128315 ) )

Then use this measure in your table.

Please give KUDOS to this effort and also accept this as a solution if it helps!!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.