Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

romovaro
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Current performance vs Monthly target

HI all

I want to compare current performance versus monthly target. I created some tables but I have issues (,maybe relationships...or better way to do it?)

I have information regarding monthly projects, role and targets. The idea is to see and compare current performance vs monthly target.

I have the table below showing Manager, Role, employee during FY23 (Combining 2 tables. Active Resource List and Weekly Slippage Report). Table is shwoing current projects (CUIDs) per month.

romovaro_1-1656686467327.png

For every month (Fiscal year) we have a "Monthly target". I created a manual table with dates, Role and target

romovaro_0-1656686055525.png

Connection are:

romovaro_2-1656686563385.png

Now I want to create a table showing "Current projects" (like the first table) and add 2 extra columns. Target and "Diff between target and current CUIDS (projects) but when combining both tables in the graph is now working.

for Diff between target and current CUID :

Diff = SUM('Weekly Slippage'[CUID])-SUM(Targets[Target])

romovaro_4-1656687480242.png

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @romovaro ,

For the information you provided, the problem is most likely the direction of the relationships or the cardinality of the relationships.

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Have you tried connecting the tables through the calendar table?

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI Stephen

I will check the link. I have tried the calendar table too.

Any other idea on how to add the monthly targets?

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.