Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anelliaf
Helper II
Helper II

Current YTD Costs Displayed as a Static Card

Hello,

I'm trying to calculate the current YTD costs.  The current formula I have is:

PY - Sales = CALCULATE([SumOfCosts], 'Usage Details - 2'[Year])

The problem is it's displaying past years.

Is there a way I can use a filter to display only this year's total?

Thanks,
Frank
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I got it.  I chose the card and the year filter on the page, and then selected 'None' for interactions.  It looks like it is holding up.  I have a few more filters to test to see if that's the case.  Thanks for everyone's help so far.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anelliaf,

You can add if statement filter to your formal to check the year and replace other year records to blank, power bi will auto-hide these blank records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
bfernandez
Resolver II
Resolver II

This can be accomplished using the Visual Level filter.

You can use the date correlated to the [Usage Details - 2] column.

Select the card you would like to be filtered and do the following in the Filters pane:

Relative Date Filter.png

I tried this approach before, but when I select a previous year, i.e. 2019, it changes the card value to 'Blank'?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Make sure you have a date table and try fomulas like these

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(('Date'[Date]),"12/31"))
This Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD((ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date])),"12/31"))

Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))
Last YTD complete Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)),"12/31"))
Last to last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,Year),"12/31"))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :
https://radacad.com/creating-calendar-table-in-power-bi-using-dax-functions
https://www.archerpoint.com/blog/Posts/creating-date-table-power-bi
https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/creating-a-simple-date-table-in-dax/

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Proud to be a Datanaut Connect on Linkedin

I added the Date dimension table.  The column of 'Date' is of Date/Time data type.  However, when I go to create a 'Year' column, the data type is Whole Number.  If I change it to Date, the values in the column change to 1905.

Can you provide some screen shots of what you're seeing versus what you're expecting to see?

I think I got it.  I chose the card and the year filter on the page, and then selected 'None' for interactions.  It looks like it is holding up.  I have a few more filters to test to see if that's the case.  Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.