Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amybirc77
Helper II
Helper II

Current MTD Last Year is empty but showing as grand total

Hi All,

Please see the attached pic. I have 4 columns. Charges MTD , Chargers MTD Last Year, Year and Month.

As you see, the Charges MTD Last Year is empty , but showing as Subtotal. 

DAX i used 

Charges MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Transactions (2)'[Set 01 Charge Amount]),MONTH('Transactions (2)'[Charge Create Date.Date])=MONTH(TODAY()))
Charges MTD Last Year =
CALCULATE (
TOTALMTD ( SUM ( 'Transactions (2)'[Set 01 Charge Amount] ), 'Transactions (2)'[Charge Create Date.Date] ),
SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR ( 'Transactions (2)'[Charge Create Date.Date] )
)
Capture822.PNG
Please advice.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@amybirc77 no you are not using date dimension, your date is referring to the same table which is Transactions (2) table.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@amybirc77 the fundamental problem is how you are calculating these values, when you are working time intelligence, it is a best practice to use calendar dimension in your model and make use of time intelligence DAX functions. Check out my youtube playlist on time intelligence and the importance of calendar dimension, once you check this out, and update your message, it should work.https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiYSIjh4cEx2FkuGkngYruS0wm8MYFsoi

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k thanks, but I have a date heirarchy as you see in the screen shot.Our datawarehouse has a date dimension and that Is what I use.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors