Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amybirc77
Helper I
Helper I

Current MTD Last Year is empty but showing as grand total

Hi All,

Please see the attached pic. I have 4 columns. Charges MTD , Chargers MTD Last Year, Year and Month.

As you see, the Charges MTD Last Year is empty , but showing as Subtotal. 

DAX i used 

Charges MTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Transactions (2)'[Set 01 Charge Amount]),MONTH('Transactions (2)'[Charge Create Date.Date])=MONTH(TODAY()))
Charges MTD Last Year =
CALCULATE (
TOTALMTD ( SUM ( 'Transactions (2)'[Set 01 Charge Amount] ), 'Transactions (2)'[Charge Create Date.Date] ),
SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR ( 'Transactions (2)'[Charge Create Date.Date] )
)
Capture822.PNG
Please advice.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@amybirc77 no you are not using date dimension, your date is referring to the same table which is Transactions (2) table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@amybirc77 the fundamental problem is how you are calculating these values, when you are working time intelligence, it is a best practice to use calendar dimension in your model and make use of time intelligence DAX functions. Check out my youtube playlist on time intelligence and the importance of calendar dimension, once you check this out, and update your message, it should work.https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiYSIjh4cEx2FkuGkngYruS0wm8MYFsoi

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k thanks, but I have a date heirarchy as you see in the screen shot.Our datawarehouse has a date dimension and that Is what I use.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
collabdays lisbon

CollabDays Lisbon - 26 November 2022

Sessions include practical, hands-on experience that will help you take the next step in your career and know-how.

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity is the largest Microsoft Data, AI, Power BI, Power Platform and Business Applications Conference in New Zealand.

European Share Point Conference

European Share Point Conference

This conference returns live and in-person in Copenhagen this 28 November-01 December with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.