Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Currency miscalculation

Good morning community,

I have a table containing the value of the currencies USD, GBP and their conversion to Euros. On the other hand, I have a table with the sales where there is a column that indicates the currency (USD, GBP or EUR), so that the amount I have is in the original currency.

I want to present all the amounts in Euros and to multiply each amount in USD and GBP I use the conversion of the currency table to create a calculated column in the sales table, with the following formula:

Error de cálculo.png

When I get the result, which is apparently fine, it shows me an important difference as you can see in the image above. The total in the first row should be 15,695.94 and it calculates 15,754.35. The data types are correct, both in the Sales table and in the Currencies table.

The relationships are these:

Relaciones.png

The Sales table has a field called Currency that connects to the Currency field in the Currencies table. This allows me to get to the Change field which is the one that contains the change quotient.Divisas.png

Through the formula that I show you, I multiply the Total column, which contains the value of the sale by the exchange quotient, to convert the amount of the sale into euros. However, the calculation is wrong.

Does anyone know what may be going on or what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jppv20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Syndicate_Admin,

Is it possible that the value (USD/Euro) is actually 0.8632.....?

This will give the results you see in the column Valor.

Jori

If I answered your question, please mark it as a solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jppv20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Syndicate_Admin,

Is it possible that the value (USD/Euro) is actually 0.8632.....?

This will give the results you see in the column Valor.

Jori

If I answered your question, please mark it as a solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello @Jori,

thank you very much for responding so quickly.

Indeed, the value with 4 decimal places is 0.8632 and coincides with the amount of the calculation of the formula.

Thank you very much for your help!! What a mistake!

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.