Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MSAtique

Currency conversion as per exchange rate in Power BI desktop

Hi,

Can someone please explain currency conversion as per exchange rate in Power BI desktop.

Let's say I have developed a Sales Report. I am displaying sales in "$", when some user consume's the same report from India or some other country, can he able to see the currency symbol as per their own currency and will the value will change as per currency exchange rate on that day? 

Please someone answer!!!

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MSAtique,

Could you please mark the right/helpful reply as answer. So that we can close the thread and more people will learn new things here.  

Thanks,
Angelia

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MSAtique,

Up to now, currency conversion is unsupported in Power BI. Please review this feature request and vote it. You can create a calculated column using the format as follows.

NewCurrency=Table[Currency]*currency_rate

Best Regards,
Angelia

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

As stated, it won't do it automatically, but there'd probably be some way to make it do it if you're able to use xe.com or something as a data source, which'd be an interesting thing to try to do

DAX0110
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @MSAtique, I'm afraid "currency conversion" doesn't happen automagically in Power BI, as much as we wish it could.  You have to handle it just like any other regular kind of data.

The blog post below shows how to let users change the "reporting currency":

https://www.kasperonbi.com/currency-conversion-in-dax-for-power-bi-and-ssas/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.