Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currency Toggle for Tables and Charts?

Hello,

How can I creat a toggle for a table (or matrix/chart/etc..) in order to switch between 2 currencies (i.e. USD/EUR)? The underlying dataset aleady includes both values, so there is no conversion necessary. I want to avoid either having to build 2 tables, which would double the entire already massive report or having to include both values in a single table, which would make every table way too busy.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Anonymous 

I think you probably understood what I meant, so let me correct it more specifically.

1) Create a table like this:

Currency

USD

EUR

You can easily use 'enter data' in desktop.

2)Create a measure to calculate the results that displayed in your matrix 'values'.

measure=if(table[currency]="USD",yes logic:USD value,no logic: EUR value)

Since the data link you shared is invalid, I can only say that the results of yes and no in the measure are the values you want to display separately, and you need to complete it yourself, like sum(table[column]). If you can modify it, you can switch the display data by selecting the slicer.

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-janeyg-msft @VijayP @Sumanth_23 for all your timely responses. There was much overlap between all your suggested solutions. Not entering 1 and 2 as values for EUR and USD respectively, so that the switch-function was able to pick up the chosen currency, proved to be the final missing piece. It now is working. 

Thanks all!

Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @Anonymous - Just to confirm - you have the required USD and EUR in different column in your data model. 

You can use DAX to toggle between the different different columns based on user selection from the slicer. 

You can refer to the below video for reference. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88QSf2fB1Rg

Please mark the post as a solution and provide a 👍 if my comment helped with solving your issue.

Regards,

Sumanth 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Create a dummy Table with  like 

Currency
USD
EUR

Then create a mesure 

Currency Selection = SelectedValue (DummyTable[Currency])

then create your goal measure =

Switch(True(), [Currecny selection ]="USD", USD Values , EUR Values)

This gives a dynamic view with single visual

LEt me know if any further assistance required

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @VijayP & @Sumanth_23 ,

I think this would work if I only had 2 columns, one for EUR and one for USD. It looks like, however, that I can't do this when there are multiple columns for each currency, with different characteristics. See example in below:

- The diff revenue characteristics are Prior Year Rev and CY Booked/Commit/Prob/Upside

- Each of those characteristics has their own row and column

- Each company has a single ID (KEY)

- if its a CY deal, it has an Oppty ID, otherwise not

- I can't just use the Totals for the toggle, b/c for forecasting purposes for example, I need the revenue broken down. 

PBI-CMTY_Expl.png

Thanks for your help!

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your description, I think it's not difficult, but I don’t know if there is a currency column in your fact table.

Can you share some sample fake data? If it doesn't exist, then you can create a table containing information about these two currencies as they said, use it as a slicer, then modify your measures. 

LIke this:

measure=if(table[currency]="USD",yes logic,no logic)

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-janeyg-msft @Sumanth_23 @VijayP ,

Let me clarify. I am looking to swith between 2 columns (i.e. EUR - Total Pipe 2021, USD - Total Pipe Pipe 2021) for a given table or chart. See example below:

Company IDCompany NameCurrent Year Opportunity IDEUR - BookedEUR  - ProbEUR - Total Pipe 2021USD - BookedUSD - ProbUSD - Total Pipe 2021
6481613XYZ 187            1,700,000          1,700,000     2,040,000                   -           2,040,000
6481613XYZ 1876848        500,000             500,000                    -         600,000             600,000
6481613XYZ 1876848        157,289             157,289                    -         188,747             188,747
161168ABC 215798463125               156,874              156,874         188,249                   -               188,249
161168ABC 215798463125     5,874,658         5,874,658                    -      7,049,590         7,049,590
15978KRG 77846549           20,000               20,000                    -            24,000               24,000
5464654ZCZ 101                           -                      -                     -                          -  
5464654ZCZ 1017779874               123,456              123,456         148,147                   -               148,147
Total             1,980,330    6,551,947         8,532,277     2,376,396    7,862,336       10,238,732

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-janeyg-msft - thanks for this! I do not have a separate column that says if a measure is USD or EUR. I think I understand where you are going with this but let me break the steps down again to make sure I got it right:

1) Create a column that defines if a measure is USD/EUR:

measure = if(table[currency]="USD",yes logic, no logic)

2) Create a dummy table like this:

Currency

USD

EUR

3) Create a measure: 

Currency Selection = SelectedValue (DummyTable[Currency])

4) Create goal:

measure = Switch(True(), [Currency Selection ]="USD", USD Values , EUR Values)

Here is the link to the sample data:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ANDqgxFHbN3ueg 

Thanks!

Hi, @Anonymous 

I think you probably understood what I meant, so let me correct it more specifically.

1) Create a table like this:

Currency

USD

EUR

You can easily use 'enter data' in desktop.

2)Create a measure to calculate the results that displayed in your matrix 'values'.

measure=if(table[currency]="USD",yes logic:USD value,no logic: EUR value)

Since the data link you shared is invalid, I can only say that the results of yes and no in the measure are the values you want to display separately, and you need to complete it yourself, like sum(table[column]). If you can modify it, you can switch the display data by selecting the slicer.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous 

Watch this Video to Get USD and EUR Column within data and then you can evaluate the measure accordingly! LEt me know if any further assistance requried

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11tu1Dm6oVZHTMhUCRxvXNnqL2q6XkLIs/view?usp=sharing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors