Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

satyaraj
Frequent Visitor

Currency Symbols Not Showing

Hello Team,

I’m using a switch condition to switch to different colums which are values in different currencies using filter. I already have columns of different currencies with exchanged values, and I have set the column data type to currency and concerned currency symbol.
So, when I select the currency in the filter only the values are showing in data labels of the visualizations without currency symbol. When I use the individual values directly that’s works fine it is showing with currency symbol.

Also tried FORMAT which doesn’t work with all the visualizations.

Any solution to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Exchanged ACT_V = SWITCH([Selected currency],"US Dollar",SUM('Combined Data'[USD ACT_V]),"British Pound",SUM('Combined Data'[GBP ACT_V]),"EURO",SUM('Combined Data'[EUR ACT_V]), SUM('Combined Data'[ACT_V])) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
satyaraj
Frequent Visitor

Hello, thank you for taking out time and giving a reply,

This we already tried but just want to know if the currency symbol appears with the value. Is there any possibility in DAX so that I can display the values with the currency symbol in all the visualizations? since I have many other categories, I don't want to use currency as a category.

I found using a bookmark would be a feasible solution wherein I can select each currency on a page and linking it to a button. It has its disadvantages like memory and dynamically data will not update into those bookmarked pages (if I’m not wrong).
So, kindly let me know if we have any other solution for this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @satyaraj ,

your switch Measure "Exchange ACT_V" use its own format.

Use FORMAT to define the output format for each SUM.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/format-function-dax

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/custom-numeric-formats-for-the-format-function

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Please give Kudos for support.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Thanks for replying,

The problem with DAX FORMAT is we are not able to use that measure in any visualizations except table.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi satyaraj, 

To show currency symbol in chart and table, one workaround is that you culd create a column for symbols. You could refer to my sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

satyaraj
Frequent Visitor

Hello, thank you for taking out time and giving a reply,

This we already tried but just want to know if the currency symbol appears with the value. Is there any possibility in DAX so that I can display the values with the currency symbol in all the visualizations? since I have many other categories, I don't want to use currency as a category.

I found using a bookmark would be a feasible solution wherein I can select each currency on a page and linking it to a button. It has its disadvantages like memory and dynamically data will not update into those bookmarked pages (if I’m not wrong).
So, kindly let me know if we have any other solution for this.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi satyaraj,

Thank you for sharing your solution, currently, there is no method to change  currency synbol in DAX measure. So I think you might need to use bookmark currently. In addition, you also could post this requirement on power-bi-ideas .

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You need something like conditional formatting, but as far as I know, that is not there.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.