Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Krish89
Helper II
Helper II

Currency Symbol and Code at the end of Sales value in matrix visual(ex: $500 USD)

Hi,

I have 1 Fact table and 2 Dim tables in my model.

Fact= Sales

Dim 1= Company

Dim 2= Account

The fact and dimension tables are related by GoldenID's in the tables.

Krish89_0-1623482898837.png

I created a measure

Sales Total = SUM(Sales[Amount])
Now I plotted the sales amount in Matrix visual and below is the result.
In Matrix Visual: Column=Account Desc field from Account table and Rows=CompanyCode from Company table and Values= Sales Total measure.
Krish89_1-1623483176426.png
Now if I select company code from the slicer, the matrix visual displays the total sales as per CompanyCode and it displays the currencyID for the respective company code as below.
For Ex: If i select CZ01 from slicer, I get the total sales for that company code and it displays the respective currency in the next visual.
Krish89_2-1623483421717.png

But I would like see the CurrencyID in the matrix visual at the end of Sales Value like below.

It means when I select company code in the slicer, it should automatically concatenate the total sales and CurrencyId column  from fact table.

Krish89_3-1623483962955.png

Thank you very much in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Krish89 

Please check the link down below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljj67cpzf5itmhr/krish.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Krish89
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Jihwan_Kim,

Thank you very much for your help and I have implemented the same in my report and its working fine.

However is it possible to implement something like below.

1. If I wouldn't select any CompanyCode in the slicer, the matrix visual have to show only values without currencies.

Krish89_0-1623672640793.png

2. If I select a single CompanyCode which belongs to single currency, it should display the currency code at the end of the value as below..

Krish89_1-1623672763358.png

3. If I select multiple Company codes in the slicer which belongs to multiple currencies, then it should not display any figures but instead it should display some text like "N/A".

Krish89_2-1623672902117.png

Thank you very much!!

Hi, @Krish89 

Please check the link down below.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Krish89 

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below.

I suggest using Tabular Editor in Power BI Desktop.

Picture2.png

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.