Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krish89
Helper II
Helper II

Currency Symbol and Code at the end of Sales value in matrix visual(ex: $500 USD)

Hi,

I have 1 Fact table and 2 Dim tables in my model.

Fact= Sales

Dim 1= Company

Dim 2= Account

The fact and dimension tables are related by GoldenID's in the tables.

Krish89_0-1623482898837.png

I created a measure

Sales Total = SUM(Sales[Amount])
Now I plotted the sales amount in Matrix visual and below is the result.
In Matrix Visual: Column=Account Desc field from Account table and Rows=CompanyCode from Company table and Values= Sales Total measure.
Krish89_1-1623483176426.png
Now if I select company code from the slicer, the matrix visual displays the total sales as per CompanyCode and it displays the currencyID for the respective company code as below.
For Ex: If i select CZ01 from slicer, I get the total sales for that company code and it displays the respective currency in the next visual.
Krish89_2-1623483421717.png

But I would like see the CurrencyID in the matrix visual at the end of Sales Value like below.

It means when I select company code in the slicer, it should automatically concatenate the total sales and CurrencyId column  from fact table.

Krish89_3-1623483962955.png

Thank you very much in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Krish89 

Please check the link down below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljj67cpzf5itmhr/krish.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Krish89
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Jihwan_Kim,

Thank you very much for your help and I have implemented the same in my report and its working fine.

However is it possible to implement something like below.

1. If I wouldn't select any CompanyCode in the slicer, the matrix visual have to show only values without currencies.

Krish89_0-1623672640793.png

2. If I select a single CompanyCode which belongs to single currency, it should display the currency code at the end of the value as below..

Krish89_1-1623672763358.png

3. If I select multiple Company codes in the slicer which belongs to multiple currencies, then it should not display any figures but instead it should display some text like "N/A".

Krish89_2-1623672902117.png

Thank you very much!!

Hi, @Krish89 

Please check the link down below.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Krish89 

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below.

I suggest using Tabular Editor in Power BI Desktop.

Picture2.png

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.