Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joshua1990
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Curate featured tables for Excel

Hello everybody!

I would like to add the new feature of "Curate featured tables for Excel" into my Excel.

I have updated the Power BI Version, set the "feature table" for the corresponding Table, and published/ refreshed the whole Power BI.

I have also installed the Analyzer for Excel.

Now I can't see any new data types in Excel like here:

042720_1708_PowerBIDesk1.png

What have I missed?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,  

I have it working on my excel (recent version).
However, I was hoping it would work on premium environment without power bi Pro license. So far no success.
Anybody experimented it with premium?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Power BI gurus!

I have the same issue as mentioned above - the only icons I see in "Data types" are Stocks and Geography. Maybe this is dependent on Excel verison? I am using 1908.

I'm looking forward to see your experience with this new feature - it seems amazing, so I would really like it to work!

Best regards,

Karol

Read: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-excel-featured-tables

This article in section "Licensing" says:

The Excel Data Types Gallery and connected experiences to Power BI featured tables is only available for Excel E5 and G5 customers.

It's a shame...

Greetings.

LionRock

Hi!

I'm also trying to figure out what I'm missing here. Perhaps could it be the excel or version of product subscription?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks!

Yes, with this instruction I have tried to get this feature.

Unfortunately this is not working.

Did someone else have this feature now available in Excel?

Hi, same.

Could it be you need to be in the insider program ? 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-a-pivottable-from-power-bi-datasets-31444a04-9c38-4d...

Also, I don´t even get your Excel screenshot. I have Excel2016. Do I need an addon? I have AnalysisToolpak installed.

And I can´t make a calculated table to be a featured table, only those imported via PowerQuery. Yet such calculated tables are most interesting as I want to analyse the *output* of my dataset (based on measures on a complex model) with the Excel solver, not input tables.

Alexander

Thanks for your reply!

Please see here for additional information:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-2020-feature-summary/

There is nothing about "insider"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.