Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harirao
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Cumulative %

Hello Team,

Required your assistance by seeing in BI community I was able to calculate using Cumulative %, but not able to match with Excel calculation.

Please find the below result getting in Excel
Capture2.PNG
Measure used for  calculating Cumulative %
1) ABS Difference =

CALCULATE(SUM('Location_Only_Overall'[ABS]),
    FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Location_Only_Overall'[Theater]),
        ISONORAFTER('Location_Only_Overall'[Theater], MIN('Location_Only_Overall'[Theater]), ASC)))

2) ABS% =

var Total = [ABS Difference]
var statusall = CALCULATE([ABS Difference],ALLSELECTED(Location_Only_Overall))
Return
Divide(sumx(FILTER(SUMMARIZE(ALLSELECTED(Location_Only_Overall),Location_Only_Overall[Raw Drive],"Total$" ,[ABS ifference]),
[Total$]>=Total),[Total$]),statusall,0)

In power bi i am not getting correct result for Eg: row 3 &4 i am getting 32% &37%, but in excel its 24% & 29% so on.
Capture3.PNG

Thank you

Regards,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harirao ,

We create a sample based on your screenshot and we can use the measure to meet your requirement.

We need to create an index column in Power Query Editor.

C1.jpg

Then create a measure like this,

Cumulative % = 
var _total = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Diff]),ALLSELECTED('Table'))
var _cumulative = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Diff]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Index]<=MAX('Table'[Index])))
return
DIVIDE(_cumulative,_total)

C2.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please show the exact expected result based on the table that you have shared?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached.

View solution in original post

Hi @harirao ,

You can use the RANKX function to create the Index Value.

Create a Calculated Column

Index = RANKX('Table','Table'[Diff])

Then follow the same steps provided by @v-zhenbw-msft  above.

Regards,
Harsh Nathani
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harirao ,

We create a sample based on your screenshot and we can use the measure to meet your requirement.

We need to create an index column in Power Query Editor.

C1.jpg

Then create a measure like this,

Cumulative % = 
var _total = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Diff]),ALLSELECTED('Table'))
var _cumulative = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Diff]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Index]<=MAX('Table'[Index])))
return
DIVIDE(_cumulative,_total)

C2.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please show the exact expected result based on the table that you have shared?

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BTW, pbix as attached.

Hello @v-zhenbw-msft 

Thanks for your reply, please note I have created new table by using DAX expression, so i am unable see this table in Transform Data to include "Index Column".
Can you please suggest any other alternate to work on this cumulative%?

Regards,

Hi @harirao ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in @harshnathani and my original post?

Could you please provide more details or expected result about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly.

Best regards,

Hi @harirao ,

You can use the RANKX function to create the Index Value.

Create a Calculated Column

Index = RANKX('Table','Table'[Diff])

Then follow the same steps provided by @v-zhenbw-msft  above.

Regards,
Harsh Nathani
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@harirao , Try like

ABS% =
Divide( [ABS Difference], CALCULATE(SUM('Location_Only_Overall'[ABS]),ALLSELECTED(Location_Only_Overall)))

Hello @amitchandak,

Thanks for your response, after using above dax measure not getting correct result, please find the screen shot for your reference.

ab.PNG

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.