Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chinh_ho
Frequent Visitor

Cumulative values per month

Hi everyone,
I have a target goal sale for each saler in my company in 2022, I would like to calculate cumulativetarget line for each person. I have this picture for your reference. Please help me to calculate it. Thank you so much

Screenshot 2022-09-30 185812.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@chinh_ho , if you have a date with help from a date table

example

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(all('Date'),'Date'[date] <=max('Date'[date])))

or

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected('Date'),'Date'[date] <=max('Date'[date])))

You can create date from month and year

Date = Date([year],[month],1)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@chinh_ho , if you have a date with help from a date table

example

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(all('Date'),'Date'[date] <=max('Date'[date])))

or

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected('Date'),'Date'[date] <=max('Date'[date])))

You can create date from month and year

Date = Date([year],[month],1)

Hi amitchandak,
Thank you so much for your response. I can not use SUM function, because it is a single value. For example : Target sale in DimSaler in 2022

Micheal: $100,000

Jack: $120,000
My purpose is to have a cumulative target line by month to compare with actual sale.
Please help me calculate it. I also have a date table in my data model.

Thank you

@chinh_ho , do you have a yearly target and you want to show that cummulative

refer

Distributing/Allocating the Yearly Target(Convert to Daily Target): Measure ( Daily/YTD): Magic of CLOSINGBALANCEYEAR With TOTALYTD/DATESYTD: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Distributing-Allocating-the-Yearly-Target-C...

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Thank you so much for your quick response. I got a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.