Regular Visitor

Re: Cumulative value using slicer and not summing values of the same month of different years

Oh ok I didn't know it was possible, thank you. Actually I don't need to do it because we are used to building reports in terms of academic years. 

I put the right start and end dates to my months so now my graph is now ok !!

Captura cumulative value 3.PNG

But I have a second problem : when I use the slicer of academic years, I have a wrong result for "2018/2019"... I have the total of the year 2017/2018 PLUS the value of november 2018. But what I want when I filter by 2018/2019 is to come back to zero (because it's a new year) and not to sum with what have been done last year.

Captura cumulative value 4.PNG

Do you where the problem can come from? Is is possible?

Thank you very much,

Super Contributor

Re: Cumulative value using slicer and not summing values of the same month of different years

can you share sample anonymised data and the syntax of the measure you're using?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Here is a sample where I reproduced whaat I'm doing. What is weird is that in the sample I can't get the cumulative total when it's the same formula... The idea is create a measure (named cumulative total) that gives the cumulative facturation by month, and when I filter by year, the graph shouldn't sum the facturation of the last  year but start a new calculation of cumulative total. 

Tell me if I'm not clear.

Thank you very much for your time.

https://gplaneta-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/udm06a_psoplaneta_com/EUk1XfqMUX5BmVRUi3ZeDksBVraH...

Regular Visitor

I think I've found the solution. We have to use ALLSELECTED instead of ALL because ALLSELECTED retains the filters. For me it works perfectly with this formula : 

Cumulative Total = CALCULATE(SUM('MAT 18+19'[FACTURACIÓN NETA]);FILTER(ALLSELECTED(DimDate);'DimDate'[Date] <= MAX('DimDate'[Date]))

I hope it can help other people. Smiley Happy

Best regards,

DM