Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative value of a constant value

Hi,

I am trying to create a Cumulative Sum of a constant value of a parameter table with no relation with my Fact Table, neither my Date Table, in order to calculate a cumulative value of that value for each week. It would be something like this:

Constant Value = 0,50

• Value for week 1 = 0,50
  • Value for week 2 = 1,00
  • Value for week 3 = 1,50
  • …..

The object I am aiming is to represent this Objetive Cumulative Value  (Green dot line) vs my Current Cumulative Value (Solid orange line) of my Fact Table, looking something like this:

Cumulative Totals.png

Any ideas how to figure out the metric to calculate the cumulative value for my constant?

Thanks a lot in advanced!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I created a sample as your requested, there’s date table relates to fact table1 ,and I add another new table2 managing the relationship 1:1 with fact table1.

Cumulative value1 = CALCULATE(SUMX(Table1,Table1[Value]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Date]<=MAX('Table'[Date])),VALUES(Table1[week]))

Cumulative value2 = CALCULATE(SUMX(Table2,Table2[value]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Date]<=MAX('Table'[Date])),VALUES(Table2[weeknum]))

(week and weeknum is calculated columns using Weeknum().)

1.png

Then add both 2 cumulative measures to the values pane, and format the second one.

2.png

Best regards,

Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I created a sample as your requested, there’s date table relates to fact table1 ,and I add another new table2 managing the relationship 1:1 with fact table1.

Cumulative value1 = CALCULATE(SUMX(Table1,Table1[Value]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Date]<=MAX('Table'[Date])),VALUES(Table1[week]))

Cumulative value2 = CALCULATE(SUMX(Table2,Table2[value]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Date]<=MAX('Table'[Date])),VALUES(Table2[weeknum]))

(week and weeknum is calculated columns using Weeknum().)

1.png

Then add both 2 cumulative measures to the values pane, and format the second one.

2.png

Best regards,

Dina Ye

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

HI @Anonymous ,

If my above post helps, could you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. thanks!

Best regards,

Dina Ye

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft 

Sorry not to answer before, I've been out for holidays 🙂

Finally, I approached this issue in a different way. It was an idea i get from @marcorusso in www.daxpattern.com :

You can take a look here

I will  also try your solution and let you know if it works.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.