Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ratax
Helper I
Helper I

Cumulative total with filter context

Hello

i tried this function:

Cumulative 2 = CALCULATE (
DISTINCTCOUNT( 'PBI StickRoll'[ProductionItemBarcode] ),
FILTER (
ALLSELECTED('PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Copy]),
'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Copy] <= MAX ('PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Copy] ))
)
That cumulates a given item created. I wanna add a filter that only filters todays date so added the statement

Cumulative 3 = CALCULATE (
FILTER (
'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Copy] <= MAX ('PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Copy] )),
'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate] = TODAY()
)

But that doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Ratax
Helper I
Helper I

Contains a column of text and a date and time column

im trying to make a cumulative line chart of the rows in the productionitemstickroll text column, but only display the cumulative chart of the current date. When I use a visual filter (relative date) it works well

Ratax_0-1606812603572.png

But when I try to add the daily filter context to themeasure (cumulative 3) the chart breaks.

Accumulated 3 - CALCULAR (
FILTER (
'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Copy] <- MAX ('PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Copy] )),
'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate] to TODAY()
)

View solution in original post

Hi @Ratax 

If I understand correctly, you expect to display only today's cumulative values over time, right? If so, you could try the following measure:

Cumulative = 
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'PBI StickRoll'[ProductionItemBarcode] ),
    FILTER (
        ALLSELECTED ( 'PBI StickRoll' ),
        'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Date] = TODAY ()
            && 'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Time]
                <= MAX ( 'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Time] )
    )
)

In my sample, I add two columns to separate the Date and Time. [CreationDate - Time] is used as Axis in the chart and [CreationDate - Date] is used to compare with TODAY() function in the measure. 

120303.jpg

120304.jpg

When you add the daily filter to the measure, you should take notice that fields on both sides of an equal sign should have the same data type. And don't forget && in FILTER() function when there are more than one filters.

For more details, please download the sample PBIX file. Kindly let me know if this helps.

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ratax
Helper I
Helper I

Contains a column of text and a date and time column

im trying to make a cumulative line chart of the rows in the productionitemstickroll text column, but only display the cumulative chart of the current date. When I use a visual filter (relative date) it works well

Ratax_0-1606812603572.png

But when I try to add the daily filter context to themeasure (cumulative 3) the chart breaks.

Accumulated 3 - CALCULAR (
FILTER (
'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Copy] <- MAX ('PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Copy] )),
'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate] to TODAY()
)

Hi @Ratax 

If I understand correctly, you expect to display only today's cumulative values over time, right? If so, you could try the following measure:

Cumulative = 
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'PBI StickRoll'[ProductionItemBarcode] ),
    FILTER (
        ALLSELECTED ( 'PBI StickRoll' ),
        'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Date] = TODAY ()
            && 'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Time]
                <= MAX ( 'PBI StickRoll'[CreationDate - Time] )
    )
)

In my sample, I add two columns to separate the Date and Time. [CreationDate - Time] is used as Axis in the chart and [CreationDate - Date] is used to compare with TODAY() function in the measure. 

120303.jpg

120304.jpg

When you add the daily filter to the measure, you should take notice that fields on both sides of an equal sign should have the same data type. And don't forget && in FILTER() function when there are more than one filters.

For more details, please download the sample PBIX file. Kindly let me know if this helps.

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data, describe the question and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.