Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Varshi288
Resolver I
Resolver I

Cumulative total sorted by category

Hi  

I have table with Orders, SalesPrice and Item and running total measure which is good when I filter  with  Item Running totals are worng. any suggestion 

Varshi288_0-1593794507486.png

Varshi288_1-1593794560896.png

Regards 

Varshi

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Varshi288 ,

You matrix visual looks strange. Would you please try to use the following measure:

Running totals = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[SP]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sales),Sales[Order no] <= MAX(Sales[Order no])))

If this doesn't work, Would you please share your pbIx file by onedrive for business if possible? Then we will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

Thanks Ryan,

After using Sales[SP]  instead of Oreder no. this worked .

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[SP]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sales),Sales[SP] <= MAX(Sales[SP])))

Br
Varshi.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Varshi288 ,

You matrix visual looks strange. Would you please try to use the following measure:

Running totals = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[SP]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sales),Sales[Order no] <= MAX(Sales[Order no])))

If this doesn't work, Would you please share your pbIx file by onedrive for business if possible? Then we will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Varshi288 , Not sure I got it. But your order number is test field that is why you getting sorting like that. If you change that whole no, it will work in numeric sequence

ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@Varshi288 

I am wondering why you use orderno <= max(order no). I think now matter what item you select, the orderno in the table must less than or equal to the max orderno.

please try sum(sales[sp])

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks Ryan,

After using Sales[SP]  instead of Oreder no. this worked .

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[SP]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Sales),Sales[SP] <= MAX(Sales[SP])))

Br
Varshi.

Hi @Varshi288 ,

I'm glad that you have solved it by yourself. Would you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.