Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

codyraptor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Cumulative total measure

I'm trying to create a cumulative total measure.  The following is what I have...

Developed Exp Disp Cnt = CALCULATE([Exp Disp Count],FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Invoice),Invoice[Days Developed]<=MAX(Invoice[Days Developed])))

This is what I get just using the Exp Disp Count measure....

No Cumulative.PNG

This is what I get when using the cumulative measure above...

Cumulative.PNG

It is obviously giving me the total by days developed.  What I want is for it to cumulate by days developed...but also by date.  Another words...201610 should show 14562 for 30days...and 14563 for 60days.  Suggestions?  Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
codyraptor
Resolver I
Resolver I

I think I might have figured out the issue with the following calculation...

Developed Exp Disp Cnt = CALCULATE([Exp Disp Count],FILTER(GROUPBY(ALLSELECTED(Invoice),'Dispatch Date'[FULL_DATE],Invoice[Days Developed]),Invoice[Days Developed]<=MAX(Invoice[Days Developed])))

However...for some reason the 'total' is not adding up correctly.

I have 2 values...29116 + 25061 that should equal 54177....but the total is 53440??  The measure I'm using to calculate is 

calculate(Distinctcount(Dispatch ID),grss amnt <> 0)   For some reason BI gives the correct number...but totals them incorrectly?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
codyraptor
Resolver I
Resolver I

I think I might have figured out the issue with the following calculation...

Developed Exp Disp Cnt = CALCULATE([Exp Disp Count],FILTER(GROUPBY(ALLSELECTED(Invoice),'Dispatch Date'[FULL_DATE],Invoice[Days Developed]),Invoice[Days Developed]<=MAX(Invoice[Days Developed])))

However...for some reason the 'total' is not adding up correctly.

I have 2 values...29116 + 25061 that should equal 54177....but the total is 53440??  The measure I'm using to calculate is 

calculate(Distinctcount(Dispatch ID),grss amnt <> 0)   For some reason BI gives the correct number...but totals them incorrectly?

K...I figured it out.  The data for Dispatch ID was set to 'whole number' rather than 'text'...so it was doing something funky to the calculation.  I'll keep this posted just in case it helps someone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.