Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative sum per Year - Countdown

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for a solution to create a calculation to sum the cumulative results Per Year for a countdown column.

Hereby an overview of (fake) numbers per Year by the Countdown column. The cumulative calculation needs to start by the highest number and needs to sum all the numbers till the lowest number in the column (WeeksUntil). As the column is a countdown.

8 REPLIES 8
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Please share data in excel using onedrive/google drive to get your answer quickly. Remove any sensitive information before sharing.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k ,

Hereby a link to a sample table stored in Google Drive.

I've added the actual table and the requested cumulative sum per year.

Would be great if you're able to help me!

Thanks

@Anonymous solution attached, I have to unpivot your data it to work. Look at power query steps

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @parry2k, but doesn't seems like it's fully working, unfortunately. 

When I use your calculated measure in my dashboard, with actual source data, seems like there are still a few differences in the cumulative column...

@Anonymousyou have to be very specific what is not working otherwise I have no way to know this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k , there's another field which need to taken in account when you filter on it. There are 7 types of qty, we would like to filter on the results per type as well. For now, the field 'Type' isn't taken  into account. So, when there's a week with no qty for a specific type, there's a zero or it's not listed in the table now, so the qty goes down or is being calculated wrong.

Here's the link to the file with the additional field added. 

@Anonymous another field surely plays a role on dax, how you are planning to visualize

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

As you can see in the link it's like a subcategory field. I would prefer to overview the data by total, but would like to filter on a subcategory level as well. But when I filter or select a subcategory, the data is incorrect now. 

Do you've a suggestion?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.