Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative sum for a line chart

I have read through several threads for the same question and tried every variation without success. Can someone please tell me if I am doing something wrong? 

The Cumulative line should be 55, 85, 112, etc. 

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
RahulYadav
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Anonymous,

The DAX formula that you are using is correct. I have replicated your source data and got the results you are expecting. if not confidential, is it possible to share the Pbix file or data that your are using?

2018-03-16_11-14-19.jpg

Thanks,

Rahul

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the file but have limited all fo the data showing since it is confidential. How do I share it with you? 

Hi @Anonymous,

You can scramble the confidential data and upload the file to https://www.dropbox.com.

Thanks,

Rahul

Hi,

I have similar issue. Did you guys find solution ?

It looks like the original issue is that @Anonymous is filtering where Vendor Name <= current Vendor Name when calculating cumulative total.

However, the graph shows the data in order by Count of Item Number.  The graph is sorted one way, the cumulative value is sorted another.  It works in @RahulYadav's solution because his Vendor Names are in alphabetical order AND in order by the count.

To fix this, use the RANKX function to define a sort order, or (as a bad but quick option) filter where COUNT([Vendor Name]) <= COUNT(SELECTEDVALUE([Vendor Name])) instead of on Vendor Name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.