Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

navin1491
Frequent Visitor

Cumulative sum based on date range slicer and group by

I have 2 employees and the sales values ordered by date in the table. I want to create a table where I filter by date and the cumulative sales per employee should be displayed for the corresponding date.

Employee sales tableEmployee sales table

max_selected = MAX(Query1[Date])

min_selected = MIN(Query1[Date])

Measure= 
CALCULATE(
    (SUMX(VALUES(Query1[ID]),CALCULATE(SUM(Query1[Sales])))),
    FILTER (ALL(Query1),
        [Date] >= [min_selected]
            && [Date] <= [max_selected]
    ))

Can someone please help me here?

12 REPLIES 12
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi  @navin1491

Let's try this:

1. Place a table visual in your report with Query1[ID] in the rows

2. Place Query1[Date] in a slicer

3. Place in values of the table a  measure like: 

CumulativeSales =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Query1[Sales] ),
    FILTER ( ALL ( Query1[Date] ), Query1[Date] <= MAX ( Query1[Date] ) )
)

navin1491
Frequent Visitor

@AlBThank you so much for you help. There is one more problem that I'm facing now. I also want to filter with the total sales value which would interact with the date slicer. Can you please help me with the creation of total sales value filter that would change when date slicer changes. Thanks!

@navin1491

I don't think I understand what you mean. Can you maybe provide an example to clarify?

navin1491
Frequent Visitor

Hi @AlB

In the above image, we have the sales table, date slicer and total sales slicer(assumed). I want to have a slicer with cumulative sales value at ID level which will change when the date range slicer is changed.

For example, when I select only November and December months, the value in the sales filter should automatically change to 2300-4600 based on the example provided.

Please let me know if any other details are needed. Thanks! 

HI @navin1491,

>>In the above image, we have the sales table, date slicer and total sales slicer(assumed). I want to have a slicer with cumulative sales value at ID level which will change when the date range slicer is changed.

Nope, this is impossible. You can't use one slicer to let other slicer dynamic changed.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@navin1491

As @v-shex-msft says, you cannot do that. May I ask what you are trying to achieve? Maybe it can be done in another way. What would be the point of having the Sales slicer change?

navin1491
Frequent Visitor

@AlB @v-shex-msft I'm trying to filter by date and also cumulative sales values. For example, if I filter by date, the cumulative sales values only between those dates should be displayed and the sales filter value should also change. And thank you for all your help! Appreciate the help! 🙂

Hi @navin1491,

Maybe you can try to define query parameter a filter to filter on query editor side, it can affect source table of slicers.

Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@AlBI'm sorry the image didn't get attached. 

I have 2 employees and the sales values ordered by date in the table. I want to create a table where I filter by date and the cumulative sales per employee should be displayed for the corresponding date.

max_selected = MAX(Query1[Date]) min_selected = MIN(Query1[Date]) Measure = CALCULATE( (SUMX(VALUES(Query1[ID]),CALCULATE(SUM(Query1[Sales])))), FILTER (ALL(Query1), [Date] >= [min_selected] && [Date] <= [max_selected] )) This is the query that I'm using but it returns the sum of all the users, but not the sum of sales values for individual users.

Image for illustrationImage for illustration

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.