Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Johnrobbinsjr
Regular Visitor

Cumulative rates yearly with a goal of 10% decrease

I have been working on this for 2 days now and I can not for the life of me figgure out how to show 2 cumulative rate lines one for 2018 and one for 2019 YTD allong with a third rate line that would be a 10% from 2018. This is what I have for the 2018 and 2019 YTD rates compared, but I can't figure out how to put that goal line.Capture.PNG

Cumulative Rate Yearly = CALCULATE(
COUNT('Incidents'[Incident Classification(s)]),
FILTER(
ALLSELECTED('Incidents'),
'Incidents'[Date] <= MAX('Calendar Work Hours'[Date])),VALUES('Calendar Work Hours'[Year]
)
)
*200000/
CALCULATE(
SUM('Work Hours'[Hours]),
FILTER(
ALLSELECTED('Work Hours'),
'Work Hours'[Date] <= MAX('Calendar Work Hours'[Date])),VALUES('Calendar Work Hours'[Year]
)
)+0

This is the Measure I'm using. All I need to do now is calculate 10% less of the 2018 line and get it to show on the same graph. Can anyone help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @Johnrobbinsjr 

Based on my research, you could try this way:

Step1:

Add a dim year legend table

For example:

4.JPG

Then create the relationship with 'Calendar Work Hours'[Year]

Step2:

Create a new measure like this:

New measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Dim year legend'[Year])="third rate line",[your 10% from 2018 measure] , [Cumulative Rate Yearly] )

Step3:

Drag the new measure into value and year field from dim year legend table into line chart visual.

Result:

simple example:

5.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @Johnrobbinsjr 

Based on my research, you could try this way:

Step1:

Add a dim year legend table

For example:

4.JPG

Then create the relationship with 'Calendar Work Hours'[Year]

Step2:

Create a new measure like this:

New measure = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Dim year legend'[Year])="third rate line",[your 10% from 2018 measure] , [Cumulative Rate Yearly] )

Step3:

Drag the new measure into value and year field from dim year legend table into line chart visual.

Result:

simple example:

5.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.