Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marcosmota5
Frequent Visitor

Cumulative percentage of another percentage measure

Hello!

I need to make a Pareto Chart and I found a lot of tutorials in the Internet of how to make it in Power Bi, however I need to use a measure that is a percentage.

Here's a part of my table:

Capturar.PNG

I made a measure that is a percentage of "Não_Recebido_Dinâmico" by "Fat_Liq1". The measure is:

% Inadimplência_Dinâmico = DIVIDE(SUM('Mapa_de_Faturamento (2)'[Não_Recebido_Dinâmico]);SUM('Mapa_de_Faturamento (2)'[Fat_Liq.1]))+0

So I need to make a Pareto Chart with the top 10 "Cursos" by this measure. When I apply the ways of the Pareto Chart in the Internet it doesn't work because they use the total of the measure to make the accumulated percentage. 

For example, these are the top 10 "Cursos" by the measure "% Inadimplência_Dinâmico". I think that, to make the Pareto Chart works properly, the total and the accumulated should be the sum of the measure, but that's not what happens in Power Bi because it keeps considering it as a percentage.

Table.PNG

Summing up, I need to make a cumulative percentage of a percentage measure. I don't want to just sum up the percentage measure I have, I need to take the percentage measure of every row and divide it by the grand total.

That's what I want made in Excel (the "Total_%" is not necessary, I just put it to illustrate the point):

Pareto_chartExcel.PNG

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @marcosmota5,

Please have a look at below similar examples to see if they are helpful to your scenario.

Pareto Chart

Pareto Charting in PowerBI

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yulgu-msft,

I've already read those topics and a bunch of other topics but no one could help me because my situation is a little bit different.

In all the topics I read of Pareto Chartting, the people used measures/columns of values and not of percentage.  But, as you can see in my post, I need to make a Pareto Chart with a measure that is a percentage of two columns. The problem sticks on the accumulated sum of the measure. When I try to sum the percentage measure, it not works properly because Power Bi considers it as a percentage and keeps doing the division and not summing each percentage like it's needed. That's the only thing that is keeping me away of archieving what I need.

Thank you for the response!

marcosmota5
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone!

I'm having an issue with a dashboard that I'm creating.

I need to make a Pareto Chart and I found a lot of tutorials in the Internet of how to make it in Power Bi, however I need to use a measure that is a percentage and this is where I'm stuck.

Here's a part of my table:

Capturar.PNG

I made a measure that is a percentage of "Não_Recebido_Dinâmico" by "Fat_Liq1". The measure is:

% Inadimplência_Dinâmico = DIVIDE(SUM('Mapa_de_Faturamento (2)'[Não_Recebido_Dinâmico]);SUM('Mapa_de_Faturamento (2)'[Fat_Liq.1]))+0

So I need to make a Pareto Chart with the top 10 "Cursos" by this measure. When I apply the ways of the Pareto Chart in the Internet it doesn't work because they use the total of the measure to make the accumulated percentage. 

For example, these are the top 10 "Cursos" by the measure "% Inadimplência_Dinâmico". I think that, to make the Pareto Chart works properly, the total and the accumulated should be the sum of the measure, but that's not what happens in the Power Bi because it keeps considering it as a percentage.

Table.PNG

I've tried to make the same measure as a calculated column but it doesn't work either, because in this case it sums the percentage of all rows.

I'm not familiar with the DAX functions of Power Bi, so I need some help 🙂

That's what I want in Power Bi, but made in Excel:

Pareto_chartExcel.PNG

Thank you all!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.