Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Cumulative month on Month data

@amitchandak 

i have  some revenue data

its comes to me on a month on month basis but it will be cumulative dataset

for eg P1, p2=P1+P2 and so on till P12

Currently the power BI dashboard i have created is based on Month, every month i will refresh the dataset and it works

now the challenge is after refreshing  my client has to see the previous report, they will have to go the previous links published in service

is there a way, i can have one dashboard and client can filter based on Periods(P1, to P12)

Let me know if that something you can help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vjnvinod ,

Join with Date table, Create during the last ticket. We have rank for the period there.

Something like

This period Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(all(Date), Date[period Rank]= Max(Date[period Rank])))
- CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(all(Date), Date[period Rank]= Max(Date[period Rank])-1))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vjnvinod ,

Maybe you could pin the entire page to a dashboard. In this way, the dashboard can contain slicers and then the clients can filter data in it.

Reference:

Pin an entire report page, as a live tile, to a Power BI dashboard 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AnkitBI
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @vjnvinod

It may be possible but we will require some sample data for 2-3 months to suggest.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vjnvinod ,

Join with Date table, Create during the last ticket. We have rank for the period there.

Something like

This period Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(all(Date), Date[period Rank]= Max(Date[period Rank])))
- CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(all(Date), Date[period Rank]= Max(Date[period Rank])-1))

@amitchandak

It doesn't really work that way.

@amitchandak 

Actually not working that way

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.