Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative line chart break

Hello,

I'm trying to make a cumulative chart with this code:

YTD GP = CALCULATE(
    SUM(BIPER[GP]),
    FILTER(
        ALLSELECTED(BIPER),
        BIPER[Invoice Date] <= MAX(BIPER[Invoice Date])
    )
)

and the result shown like this:image.png

The line for YTD GP breaks when there is no data for that day. I set X-axis type to 'Categorical' because when I set to 'Continuous', the chart looks more weird and unreadable.

Is there any other way that I can fix this in Format or DAX?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I already has date dimension. The reason I use the current table's date is because I designed the goal for every working day at my company. So if I use the date dimension, the line for Goal will break. 

I already find the solution and it works. So here's my new measure:

YTD GP = 
IF(MAX('CALENDAR'[Date])>TODAY(), BLANK(), 
    IF(MAX(ST[Date])=BLANK(), BLANK(),
        CALCULATE(
            SUM(BIPER[GP]),
            FILTER(
                ALLSELECTED('CALENDAR'),
                'CALENDAR'[Date] <= MAX('CALENDAR'[Date])
            )
        )
    )
)

Anyway, thank you @parry2k !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous add +0 to your measure

try this

Same Business Day Sales PY = 
VAR __currentBusinessDay = MAX ( Calendar[BusinessDay] )
RETURN
CALCULATE (
SUM ( Table[Sales] ),
DATEADD ( Calendar[Date], -1, YEAR ),
Calendar[BusinessDay] = __currentBusinessDay
) + 0

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It gets worseimage.png

@Anonymous i didn't notice that you are not using date dimension. It is recommended to add date dimension and use that for this calculation instead of using date from your transaction table. there are many posts on how to add date dimension in the model.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I already has date dimension. The reason I use the current table's date is because I designed the goal for every working day at my company. So if I use the date dimension, the line for Goal will break. 

I already find the solution and it works. So here's my new measure:

YTD GP = 
IF(MAX('CALENDAR'[Date])>TODAY(), BLANK(), 
    IF(MAX(ST[Date])=BLANK(), BLANK(),
        CALCULATE(
            SUM(BIPER[GP]),
            FILTER(
                ALLSELECTED('CALENDAR'),
                'CALENDAR'[Date] <= MAX('CALENDAR'[Date])
            )
        )
    )
)

Anyway, thank you @parry2k !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.