Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GoingIncognito
Advocate III
Advocate III

Cumulative distinctcount for all unresolved tickets

Hi y'all.

I thought this would be simple, no I bet this is simple, but somehow the right solution manages to escape me.

I've to tables: Calendar and Data. Calendar is joined to Data by reporting date. All good so far.
I need cumulative distinctcount of all unresolved tickets.
So this is what I accomplished so far:
calculate( distinctcountnonblank(Data[key]),
   Filter(Data, Data[resolutiondate] <= endofquarter(Calendar[Date]) || isblank(Data[resolutiondate]))
)

Now to the hard part: all tickets not solved by end of the quarter should be summed up. E.g.
coming into 2020/Q1 there are 7 tickets, and 3 new tickets are added to the sum during the quarter. And finally 4 tickets are resolved by the end of the quarter. So the number of tickets for 2020/Q1 should be 7+3-4=6. How do I manage this. The tickets coming into 2020/Q1 can be anywhere from yesterday to dawn of time.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GoingIncognito ,

Could you please share some sample data and the expected result to have a clear understanding of your question? I can do some tests for you.

You can save your files in some cloud sharing platforms and share the link here.

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Yuna

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.