Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

siminaserban

Cumulative count

Guys,

Need your help. I am lost :).

So, basically, we are trying to calculate a cumulative count of days per week. What is strange is that in one of the reports, in another file with other data, it is working and in another one, it is not.

The team is coming from a Team table, the week is coming from the Calendar table.

We have used the follwoing measure in both files:

Cumulative_ByTeam =
CALCULATE(
COUNTA('Table1'[Travel Date]),
FILTER(ALL('Table1'), 'Table1'[Travel_Week] <= MAX('Calendar Table'[WeekEnding])), VALUES('Team Data'[Team]))

Another trial was this one:

Cumulative_Test =
CALCULATE(
COUNTA('Table1'[Travel Date]),
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table1'), 'Table1'[Travel Week]<=MAX('Calendar Table'[WeekEnding])&&('Table1'[Travel Week])<>BLANK()), VALUES('Team Data'[Team]))

We want for every week, even if there is no value to be counted to show the previous value. The data where the measure is not working has many blanks.

Any hints? What iI am missing? I have compared both files multiple times, but I cannot see any differences.

Thanks,

Simina

This one is workingThis one is workingThis one is not workingThis one is not working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All,

In sanitizing the data and recreating the dat amodel I have notice the issue in the data model.

One of the joins had the cross filter direction set to both. What I found strange is that this affected also the cumulative counts from other tables where there was not a direct relationship to this table.

Thanks for all the support! This has been solved

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @siminaserban,

Since it works in one file, there could be something wrong other than the measures.

1. Where are the columns from? Are they from similar position of the mode?

2. Are the relationships different?

Can you share the file with us? Please mask the private data first.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dale,

1) The data sources are Excel files at this point. They will be sharepoint lists in the end. The data models in both pbix are created in the same way.

2) The relationships are the same.

I will sanitize the data and uploaded here. I do not get it where is the issue.

Thanks,

Simina

Hi All,

In sanitizing the data and recreating the dat amodel I have notice the issue in the data model.

One of the joins had the cross filter direction set to both. What I found strange is that this affected also the cumulative counts from other tables where there was not a direct relationship to this table.

Thanks for all the support! This has been solved

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.