Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

labuser1235
Helper IV
Helper IV

Cumulative count with Blanks

Hi All,

I want the cumulative values where I was want to include blanks in the count. I had tried && where it counts blanks as well yet it doesnt work. As per the countrows it should start from 8, however it is starting from 6 as there is no date value for in date sold. 

I want it to include the blanks in the count. 

I have two tables Table1 and Date table.

Reverse cumulative wil help me to understand pending till date.

Can someone please help with with this.

Input: Table1

Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 5.42.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 5.11.53 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-07-16 at 5.36.48 PM.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @labuser1235 ,

Try this:

Count =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTROWS ( Table1 ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table1 ), Table1[Date Sold] >= MIN ( DateTable[Date] ) )
)
    + CALCULATE ( COUNTBLANK ( Table1[Date Sold] ), ALL ( Table1 ) )

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much @Icey . I have tried another way too which worked as well. 

Count =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTROWS ( Table1 ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table1 ), Table1[Date Sold] >= MIN ( DateTable[Date] ) || ISBLANK(TABLE1[DATE Sold]) )
)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @labuser1235 ,

Try this:

Count =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTROWS ( Table1 ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table1 ), Table1[Date Sold] >= MIN ( DateTable[Date] ) )
)
    + CALCULATE ( COUNTBLANK ( Table1[Date Sold] ), ALL ( Table1 ) )

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much @Icey . I have tried another way too which worked as well. 

Count =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTROWS ( Table1 ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table1 ), Table1[Date Sold] >= MIN ( DateTable[Date] ) || ISBLANK(TABLE1[DATE Sold]) )
)

hstgeorge
Helper III
Helper III

Also you could do the DistincCount function on the Table(Name) field and that should give you 8 and then put the date on the graph. 

hstgeorge
Helper III
Helper III

Would it be possible for you to use and calculated column to replace the blanks fields with something else to indicate "NO DATE" and "INCOMPLETE".  That would populate the fields with a value and you wouldn't have to deal wtih the blanks anymore. Another option would be the ISBLANK(Value) which checks whether it true/false for blank and then you can build that into the functions below.  A couple different options.  If you think those would work, I can send over some potential calcs for you.

@hstgeorge Hi Thanks for you response, I cannot replace the columns rather I would want to use measure to count the values. If possible I have attached the PBI link

Please take a look if you count based on blanks in the measure. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@labuser1235 ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? need to try on power Bi

Sure @amitchandak . 

Here is the PBI link

Thanks.

@labuser1235 , see if this file can help

@amitchandak Hi Amit, Thanks for your repsonse. It still shows cummulative however, i want reverse cummulative with blanks in the count too. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors