Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Hombleu
Regular Visitor

Cumulative count of rows

Hi guys,

Maybe someone could help me with this issue..

I've made a connection with MYSQL db in Power BI. The db rows are based on daily base. So I've already created a countrows measure to count the rows per day. But now I'm looking for a cumulative measure of the rows per day.

So the rows per day can be counted in a cumulative way.

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Hombleu

Please follow the solution provided by jPinhao, you should only need to do small change to formula if you want to get the cumulative rows – replace [number] with your countrows measure.

cumulative = 
CALCULATE (
    [countrows],
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table1 ), Table1[Date] <= MAX ( Table1[Date] ) )
)

Cumulative count of rows_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

HI Everyone...

I create my DAX to accumulativer count using all your suggest,  BUT, I need to know, what to modify if I apply a slicer to see accumulative by month or year.  Beacuse if I apply a slicer the running total dont start correctly, just work without any slicer apply.

Runing Total = CALCULATE(COUNT(RPT[SUBSCRIBER]),
ALL(RPT),RPT[ACTIVATION_DATE] <= EARLIER(RPT[ACTIVATION_DATE]))

Image 5.jpg

jPinhao
Helper II
Helper II

You have to calculate the sum of the value while filtering by all dates before the current MAX - current as in the current context, which will be the the day in a bar chart with a date on the axis for instance:

Cummulative = CALCULATE (
                     [number]
                     FILTER ( ALL([Date]), [Date] <= MAX([Date]) )
              )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.