Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SRioux
Frequent Visitor

Cumulative chart on multiple filters, not dates

Hi Power PI Community

I'm having trouble finding a way to generate cumulative total charts. Here is the structure of my data:

Project noRegionMarketMargin
132USAA100
432CanadaB200
243235CanadaB150
2432AsiaA2
ads23AsiaB23
43DTUSAB343
234USAC453
345CanadaA344
A234AsiaA23
D45CanadaB24
36457USAB345
57467USAA234
54325AsiaC123

I want to generate a chart showing the cumulative total Margin for each market/region I select, RANKED in decreasing order of Margin.  For example I might want to show on a graph the cumulative margin for the USA for all 3 markets:

screen.PNG

X axis is just the number of projects. Largest margins are to the left.

I'm pretty sure there is not easy way to achieve this... Any hints?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SRioux ,

You can create measure "Comulative_Margin" to get the cumulative total Margin.

Comulative_Margin = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Margin]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1),ISONORAFTER (Table1[Margin], MAX ( Table1[Margin]), DESC )))

Then, create Scatter chart to display the cumulative total Margin for each market/region selected, ranked in descend order of Margin. For example, when select USA in Slicer, return the result showing below picture.

11.jpg

Here is my pbix test file link: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/Eb3IJv9Au1RKsVTyzG... 

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Amy

The ranking in descending order of Margin is not working. Every dot of a given market should be above the one on its left (strictly increasing function). The X axis of the scatter plot needs to be Number of projects, not project number.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.