Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SRioux Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Cumulative chart on multiple filters, not dates

Hi Power PI Community

I'm having trouble finding a way to generate cumulative total charts. Here is the structure of my data:

Project noRegionMarketMargin
132USAA100
432CanadaB200
243235CanadaB150
2432AsiaA2
ads23AsiaB23
43DTUSAB343
234USAC453
345CanadaA344
A234AsiaA23
D45CanadaB24
36457USAB345
57467USAA234
54325AsiaC123

I want to generate a chart showing the cumulative total Margin for each market/region I select, RANKED in decreasing order of Margin.  For example I might want to show on a graph the cumulative margin for the USA for all 3 markets:

screen.PNG

X axis is just the number of projects. Largest margins are to the left.

I'm pretty sure there is not easy way to achieve this... Any hints?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Cumulative chart on multiple filters, not dates

Hi SRioux ,

You can create measure "Comulative_Margin" to get the cumulative total Margin.

Comulative_Margin = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Margin]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1),ISONORAFTER (Table1[Margin], MAX ( Table1[Margin]), DESC )))

Then, create Scatter chart to display the cumulative total Margin for each market/region selected, ranked in descend order of Margin. For example, when select USA in Slicer, return the result showing below picture.

11.jpg

Here is my pbix test file link: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/Eb3IJv9Au1RKsVTyzG... 

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SRioux Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cumulative chart on multiple filters, not dates

Thanks Amy

The ranking in descending order of Margin is not working. Every dot of a given market should be above the one on its left (strictly increasing function). The X axis of the scatter plot needs to be Number of projects, not project number.