Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vickyd
Helper V
Helper V

Cumulative chart filters in a dashboard

Say I have 3 bar charts and a table in a dashboard. When I click on one of the bars in a bar chart, I can set up all the other charts and the table such that it gets filtered based on the selection. 

Now if I click on a bar in another chart, the selection on the initial chart goes away. 

Is there a way to the set the filter such that the original chart stays put. That way I can show different cuts of the data in the form of visuals and the user can choose whatever combination of filters he/she wants and see the result.

e.g. A chart let's say shows expenses by month, another expenses by org and another expenses by country and a table below shows the actuals users and their expenses. 

I should be able to click on a Month, then click on a country and maybe an org and see the list of users filtered based on these 3 selections.

Right now the only way to do it seems to be through slicers which is unnecessary when you have clickable charts.  

1 REPLY 1
AlexChen
Employee
Employee

Hi,

If your charts obtain data from the tables that have relationships between them,  there will be cascading response when you click on one of these charts.

So when you choose another chart, the original charts cannot stay puts. They will show filtered data by what you clicked on new chart. Just as what you mentioned, Slicer will be the only way to keep it stay still.

Best Regards

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.