Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jpt1228
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Cumulative YTD Measure affect on Date Table/Hierarchy Visuals

Hello, I created a cumulative YTD measures for actual sales, budget, and number of units short. I used the IF statement to filter out any dales in the future to show the data as clean as possible and not to repeat the last value through the end of the year. I am having a issue when I try to filter the visual that is related to the date hierarchy. 

When I have the Date: Year, Quarter, Month, Day it displays as normal. If I click the "X" next to Quarter or Day the visual goes blank. 

What I am trying to do is to have the item number in the column and the data in the visual. Currently the only way I can make this work is to have the item # and the date in the same axis.

If I do not change the standard date hierarchy it looks like the left, if I remove the quarter the entire visual goes blank like the one of the right.

PBI YTD Calc.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It looks like it had to do with the drill down function in the matrix visual based on the standard date hirearchy PBI creates on the date column. @v-piga-msft Your link gave me the total YTD rather than the YTD that would cumulate by Month. 

Have:

M1 - 3

M2 - 5

M3 - 9

Want:

M1 - 3

M2 - 8

M3 - 17

Your post gave me:

M1 - 17

M2 - 17

M3 - 17 

I have resolved the issue

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi  @jpt1228,

It may be caused by the formula of cumulative YTD. I suggest you could have a reference of the formula in this thread to calculate th e cumulative YTD value.

If you need additional help, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It looks like it had to do with the drill down function in the matrix visual based on the standard date hirearchy PBI creates on the date column. @v-piga-msft Your link gave me the total YTD rather than the YTD that would cumulate by Month. 

Have:

M1 - 3

M2 - 5

M3 - 9

Want:

M1 - 3

M2 - 8

M3 - 17

Your post gave me:

M1 - 17

M2 - 17

M3 - 17 

I have resolved the issue

Hi @jpt1228,

I'm very glad that you have solved your issue.Only thing that you'll have to notice, just always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Your question is not clear.  What visual do you want to create?  What is X?  Share the download link of your file, if possible.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.