Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative Totals using Multiple filter columns, Taking longer time to display the result.

Hello, 

I am trying to calculate cumulative totals based on 3 different filters, (Item, Unit, Company), I am facing a challange where in when i am trying to display the result in Table chart, It is taking too long, I am waiting for hours for this expression to evaluate.

After a long time it gives an error message stating, Not enough memory to dispay.

I have a Ram of 16 Gb, Unable to find out what the issue is.

I am using the following Expression:

Cumulative Total = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Quantity]),FILTER(ALL(Table1[Quantity],Table1[Item],Table1[Unit]),Table1[Quantity]<=MAX(Table1[Quantity])))

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Quantity]),FILTER(ALL(Table1[Quantity],Table1[Item],Table1[Unit]),Table1[Quantity]<=MAX(Table1[Quantity]))) 

I don't think the bold section is written in a correct format. 

Try create a calculate column using: 

Column = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Quantity]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Item],Table1[Unit],Table1[Company]), Table1[Quantity]<=EARLIER(Table1[Quantity]))

Community Support Team _ Paul Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I am not sure is it done in the right manner. Can you share sample data and sample output.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

@amitchandak 

As we can see in the .pbix file, I have Branch, Item, Sum Item Wise(Sum of quantity item wise sorted in descending order), Here I have calculated contribution measure which is the value to the percentage of Sum item wise to the grand totals, 

I want to have a cumulative totals of the Measure Contribution which should be dynamic, when i change filter of item and branch it should calcuate and display the cumulative totals.

I have created a measure as rolling contribution but it doesn't give the required results.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dxwmA-6bKscJiZZKWDGZwmTgErbDnqWA/view?usp=sharing

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

didnt you try a measure like?

Cumulative Total = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Quantity]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Item],Table1[Unit],Table1[Company]), Table1[Quantity]<=MAX(Table1[Quantity])))

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have tried using this DAX as well, but it doesnt give me the required results.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.