Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cumulative Total Not Adding Up New Values

Dear All, 

I'd like to sum up all hours from the screenshot up to 31.Oct.2021 268,088.83, then add up to them only the new hours for Nov-2021 22,907.57 and substract the Sold_Hours_Completed only for Nov-2021 8,983.89 and to get to get Total Sold Hours Test of 282,012,51 hours. Then to add to them the Hours_New for Dec-2021 13,700.38 and substract again the Sold_Hours_Completed for Dec-2021 20,636.18 and to get Total Sold Hours Test for Dec-2021 of 275,076.71.
Total.jpg

Any help will be deeply appreciated. 
Thank you in advance, 
Atanas

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Atanas_Atanasov , Can you share formula, Using a truncated date

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected('Date'),'Date'[date] <=max('Date'[date])))

or

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(all('Date'),'Date'[date] <=max('Date'[date])))

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

@amitchandak ,
Thank you for your swift reply.
Here's the formula I used for the cumulative total:

Cumulative Test =
IF(
MIN(
'Calendar'[Date]
) >= DATE(2021,10,31),
BLANK(),
CALCULATE(
[Hours_Base],
FILTER(
ALL(
'Calendar'[Date]
),
'Calendar'[Date] <= MAX('Calendar'[Date])
)
))

Also, here is a link with the sample data with the dates and the numbers. Please let me know if you need something more from my end, and thank you one more time, 
Atanas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.