Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JulietteGSA
Frequent Visitor

Cumulative Total - Changing start date

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my cumulative totals : I have been able to create measures that calculate cumulative totals but it does not adapt to my dashboard filters.

This is what I wrote :

In_Full_Agg = IF(

AND(MIN('Date'[Date])<=CALCULATE(MAX('Cube OTIF'[Date]);ALLSELECTED('Cube OTIF'));MAX('Date'[Date])>=CALCULATE(MIN('Cube OTIF'[Date])));

CALCULATE(SUM('Cube OTIF'[Nb Orders In Full - SI]);

FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Date'[Date]);'Date'[Date]<=MAX('Date'[Date]))))

For instance, I have a "Date" slicer,

and I would like my measures to adapt to it and calculate the cumulative totals ONLY on the period selected, so that if I choose 4th of March - 23rd of April it takes the 4th of march as a start date. Right now when I do that the value displayed for the 4th of march is the cumulative total calculated starting from the 1st of January, not the raw value.

Capture d’écran (10)_LI.jpg

Capture d’écran (9)_LI.jpg

I don't know how to "connect" my dashboard filter to my measure, it seems that the dashboard slicers only filter the display but doesn't have any effect on the measure itself.

I have tried to add another filter on the minimum date in my formula, like that :

In_Full_Agg = IF(

AND(MIN('Date'[Date])<=CALCULATE(MAX('Cube OTIF'[Date]);ALLSELECTED('Cube OTIF'));MAX('Date'[Date])>=CALCULATE(MIN('Cube OTIF'[Date])))

;CALCULATE(SUM('Cube OTIF'[Nb Orders In Full - SI]);

FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Date'[Date]);'Date'[Date]<=MAX('Date'[Date]));

FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Date'[Date]);'Date'[Date]>=MIN('Date'[Date]))))

And well.. I have no idea what is happening but it is NOT what I'm looking for. Capture d’écran (12)_LI.jpg

It doesn't seem to do any cumulative totals anymore....

I hope someone will be able to help me 🙂 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried using just ALL instead of ALLSELECTED in your first measure as that may be causing issues.

In_Full_Agg =
IF (
    AND (
        MIN ( 'Date'[Date] )
            <= CALCULATE ( MAX ( 'Cube OTIF'[Date] ); ALLSELECTED ( 'Cube OTIF' ) );
        MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) >= CALCULATE ( MIN ( 'Cube OTIF'[Date] ) )
    );
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'Cube OTIF'[Nb Orders In Full - SI] );
        FILTER ( ALL ( 'Date'[Date] ); 'Date'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) )
    )
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v_ichharam
Frequent Visitor

Using "all" allows me to keep history in the calculation even when filtering out periods

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JulietteGSA,

Did you solve your issue? Could you please mark the proper answer as solution?

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried using just ALL instead of ALLSELECTED in your first measure as that may be causing issues.

In_Full_Agg =
IF (
    AND (
        MIN ( 'Date'[Date] )
            <= CALCULATE ( MAX ( 'Cube OTIF'[Date] ); ALLSELECTED ( 'Cube OTIF' ) );
        MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) >= CALCULATE ( MIN ( 'Cube OTIF'[Date] ) )
    );
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'Cube OTIF'[Nb Orders In Full - SI] );
        FILTER ( ALL ( 'Date'[Date] ); 'Date'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) )
    )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors