Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

daniBBB
Frequent Visitor

Cumulative Sum - No date Field

I have a dataset which lists sales by Franchisee over different periods of time. It is also separated by type of sale, but I have left this out for simplicity. So, for example:

Franchisee           Period           Sales
      A           Month to Date       $100
      B           Month to Date       $200
      A           Year to Date        $1000
      B           Year to Date        $2000

I want to create a Lorenz curve to show the distribution of sales per Franchisee. I want to be able to select the period over which the curve will calculate using a slicer (e.g. the curve for the "Month to Date" may be different to the curve for the "Year to Date').

In order to do this, I need to filter the data by Franchisee (using a slicer preferably) and then calculate the cumulative sum of all Franchisee's. So for example, for the "Month to Date", I need the following:

Franchisee           Sales            Cumulative Sales
    B                $200                  $200
A $100 $300

I have tried a number of different possibilities based on other answers in this forum, but I just can't seem to get it right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @daniBBB 

Could you please share your dummy pbix or simple worksheet? that would be easier for us to replicate your data. 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.