Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative Sum Graph with Labels

Dear All,

I have a requirement to dispaly a cumilative sum chart for Offline / Online brands . I also need to display the brand labels on the chart but i dont find a way  to show brand labels on the chart (I can only show the values). could somebody help me if you face this kind of requirement .

I would like to achieve the below graph. Please provide your help

Offline Online.PNGCapture.JPG

Thanks & Regards,

Rajeev

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

The graph and your data are very hard to understand Rajeev. Are you sure that a line chart is the correct chart here? Usually a line chart is only used when one of the dimensions is time based...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jaap,

I'm using numbers and not time on X -axis. I need to show the brand labels on the line chart like below. Is it possible to achieve the below graph. I have used scatter plot to show the lables (Category labels) unfortunately we dont have connecting line to join the bubbles (Like in Excel Scatter plot with line).

sum.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I still don't think that a line chart is appropriate here. LO and PO are now connected to each other for no reason, they have no more relation than NU and PO. A scatter chart is the correct chart here, the lines should not connect to each other. This is probably also why PowerBI doesnt allow you to put labels there, because it doenst make sense in a line chart....

If you have a line chart per day, and you have the following values:

1-1-2017  50

2-1-2017 100

You can put a line between those two values, because you're showing a rise in the value over time. In your example, there is no rise from LO to PO, they are unrelated, so there shouldn't be a line.

My recommendation would be to create a group for all the online and offline values, and use that group ID to determine the colour of the dots in the scatter plot (you can put this group value in the "legend" box. Then you will see which products are online and offline, and you have the brand names once you put the brand names in the "details" box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.