Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative Sales by Customer using Play Axis

Hi Everyone,

I posted a similar question a little while ago but never was able to get to a solution.  I am looking to show cumulative sales by customer since January 1, 2018 on a bar chart using the play axis to see how the customers compare over time.  I have a cumulative measure that shows the cumulative sales over that time and it is correct.  That measure is,

Cumulative Invoiced CAD =
calculate([Total Revenue $$$ (CAD)],
Filter(allselected(CalendarDate),
CalendarDate[Date]<=max(CalendarDate[Date])))

In my last posting, it was suggested I use the following measure instead.  

Cumulative Invoiced for PLAY =
CALCULATE(
[Total Revenue $$$ (CAD)],
DATESBETWEEN(
CalendarDate[Date],
MIN(CalendarDate[Date]),
MAX(CalendarDate[Date])
)
)

Both measures give me correct values overall.  

My issue is that the sales by customer are shown for *each* day for both measures shown above.  So when I play the visualizations, they reset for *each* day.  The values for each day are correct, but it is not showing the accumlation of the sales.  For example, the bar chart is blank on weekends because we do not invoice on weekends and if a customer is given a credit their sales for that day are negative.

The interactions with the bar chart is set to "filter".

It must be a setting with Play or some sort of cross filtering causing the cumulative to reset each day.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think you have  to use an independent date table for the slicer on which play axis will run

Example

var _max = MAXX(allselceted(Date2) , Date2[Date])

return
CALCULATE(
DATESBETWEEN(
CalendarDate[Date],
MIN(CalendarDate[Date]),
MAX(CalendarDate[Date])
) , CalendarDate[Date] <=_max
)

Need of an Independent Date Table:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44fGGmg9fHI

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That worked wonderfully!  Thank you.

For future viewers of this form, there is a typo in the DAX code proposed.  It should say "ALLSELECTED".

Thanks again!

Could you please describe what did you exactly do here? I've been trying for about few days already but nothing seems to be working with Play Axis.

Please see the photo bellow. What I'm aiming to do here is to hit 'Play' Button and show title race in EPL 2022-23. Now you see number of points as of now. However, when I click play Axis it shows me number of points at one certain date, not cumulative number. gfdsgfdg.PNG

Also, please not that for the visual I'm using not Horizontal Bars but table, bars are coming from conditional formating as it was the only way to show teams icons.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think you have  to use an independent date table for the slicer on which play axis will run

Example

var _max = MAXX(allselceted(Date2) , Date2[Date])

return
CALCULATE(
DATESBETWEEN(
CalendarDate[Date],
MIN(CalendarDate[Date]),
MAX(CalendarDate[Date])
) , CalendarDate[Date] <=_max
)

Need of an Independent Date Table:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44fGGmg9fHI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.