Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Robapottamus
Regular Visitor

Cumulative Line Chart to compare performance of multiple products over time

Hi - I am trying to compare the performance of multiple products over time (years), using a line chart.
At the moment I am using a Measure called Cumulative Value to sum the cost and revenue for each year individually, so getting each product each year is fine.
What I want to do now is extend this to accumulate year on year, over time. In a line-chart format. But I can't seem to do this in a line-chart format. This is pretty easy to do in Excel, see photo below (couldn't see how to upload the full file).
Any suggestions?
FYI here is my current formula, Cumulative Value = CALCULATE(SUM('Data Table'[Value] ),FILTER(ALL('Data Table'[Date]),('Data Table'[Date]<=MAX('Data Table'[Date]))))

Sample chart (easy in Excel)Sample chart (easy in Excel)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KamK
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Robapottamus

For time intelligence functions Ive fount it best to have a separate date table (with unique dates) and create a relationship with your exsisting data table.

Assuming your new date table is called  DateKey and the column called Date , try the following

Cumulative Value = CALCULATE(SUM('Data Table'[Value] ),FILTER(ALL(DateKey),DateKey[Date]<=MAX('Data table'[Date])))

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KamK
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Robapottamus

For time intelligence functions Ive fount it best to have a separate date table (with unique dates) and create a relationship with your exsisting data table.

Assuming your new date table is called  DateKey and the column called Date , try the following

Cumulative Value = CALCULATE(SUM('Data Table'[Value] ),FILTER(ALL(DateKey),DateKey[Date]<=MAX('Data table'[Date])))

Hope this helps

Thanks KamK, that seems to do the trick. I haven't considered the idea of using a separate Dates table previously so will need to get my head around how I can use these going forward. Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.